Traditional Kettle-Roasted Japanese Tea “Akane Bancha”: enjoyed in get-togethers, brewed in the traditional way.
- Using sun-dried leaves brewed in Japanese kettles in a tradition that goes back 700 years in Okayama Prefecture.
Native species Improved strain
1. Promotes the body’s ability to expel wastes and poisons = detox
2. Warms the stomach and improves blood circulation = strengthens internal organs
3. Soothes digestion, bowl function = improves diuretic excretion
4. Promotes alertness and wakes you up = prevents drowsiness and helps concentration.
Root length: Improved strain = 50 cm, Native species root length = 5 m
1. Once each August, harvest first-class leaves (leaves of traditional tea leaves and buds)
2. Boil for one hour in traditional iron kettles (specially designed for use in traditional herbal medicine)
3. Outdoor sun-dry (during the drying process, spray condensed extract)
Anticipated Availability for 2020 Anticipated Retail Price
500 ml drink 200 yen/ bottle
200 g leaves 1,800 yen (excluding tax)
20 x 4 g teabags 1,200 yen (excluding tax)
Grown in the traditional way, naturally prepared AKANE BANCHA (Traditional Kettle-Roasted Japanese Tea)
Traditional tea is the future of detox. Brown tea was originally used at the time of the establishment of the Tea Ceremony. With a history dating back 700 years, we are proud to present you with real Japanese tea!
Akane Bancha is widely known as “Nature’s Best Medicine!”
1. Made from traditional native tea plants…. with roots that extend 5 meters deep, soaking up the soil’s natural minerals.
2. Fertilizer and pesticide-free…our traditional native tea plants are robust and strong and don’t need them.
3. Use the best leaves picked at the height of summer…harvested from the ripest branches that have broken through the soil
4. Traditional kettle boiling method….both the leaves and the buds are stewed in a way that draws out all the natural goodness
5. Open air sun-drying…dried under the hot pale sky, soaking up the sun’s energy
6. Antioxidizing extract…when brewing the special extract from the leaves is carefully diffused.
7. Roasting at shipping time…just before packaging, we use our special roasting method to gurantee the best flavor.
How to enjoy the beautiful flavors of Akane Bancha
1. Watch the amount…use a little less than you think, about 4-5 grams or one teabag is enough for a kettle or pot.
2. Brew with freshly boiled very hot water…avoid using heavily chlorinated water, use freshly boiled water to brew.
3. When young a teapot or pot, don’t just splash the boiling water on the leaves, pour the water in gently and continuously.
4. It’s fine to leave the leaves alone, and gradually you’ll see the coloration change.
5. The tea will keep fresh to drink in a thermos flask for a day, two to three days at room temperature, and up to a week in the fridge without significant loss of its rich flavor.
6. Although using just plan tea is a wonderful way to refresh, there are other ways you can enhance your enjoyment of Akane Bancha
a) Slightly salted Bancha…just add natural salt to taste and enjoy. (Perfect to relieve cold symptoms, and for gargling)
b) Soy sauce Bancha…add a little natural pure soy sauce and enjoy. (Settles the stomach and aids digestion, enjoy a cup each morning).
c) Plumb Banca…add a dried plug or plumb juice. (For fevers, hangovers).
d) Ginger Bancha…add a little grated ginger. (For warming the body up).
MOQ: 4g tea bag × 20/package 100 packages/box
Please feel free to contact us if you have any inquiries including prices and delivery periods.